NVD – National Vehicle Distribution – Car Transport Driver (m/ž)
Voznik za prevoz vozil (m/ž)
Established in 1980, NVD Limited is a highly-reputable, family-owned business that assists vehicle manufacturers in the timely and incident-free distribution of their products throughout Ireland and the UK. Already Ireland’s market leader in finished vehicle logistics, NVD continues to grow and expand rapidly in the UK, where our operating base is in Swindon, UK. Currently, we have several great job opportunities for HGV Class 1 (C1) Drivers to join our team as Car Transporter Drivers. We are hiring for a large number of driver roles in Ireland, UK and Europe. Applicants will be needed to work in the UK and Europe when there is demand. This will involved sleeping in the cab for 11 / 12 nights. ***Excellent salary and rates on offer***
We are hiring for a large number of driver roles in Ireland, UK and Europe. Applicants will be needed to work in the UK and Europe when there is demand. This will involve sleeping in the cab for 11 / 12 nights. Drivers must be willing to travel work in Europe / UK when required. **Highly competitive salary / rates on offer**
On a typical day, our Car Transporter Drivers:
- Follow a planned route to make sure that we service the right customers at the right time, and keep the Planning Office updated with any issues or changes at the end of each day.
- Sleep overnight in the vehicle while en route to delivery and collection points.
- Complete a daily vehicle check to ensure the vehicle is road worthy and that all checks are carried out in line with the ‘Daily Vehicle Check’ procedure.
- Drive in a safe and responsible manner, complying with all current Road Transport Regulations at all times.
- Safely load and unload the vehicle where deliveries and collections are taking place.
- Ensure the car transporter is loaded in a safe and legally compliant manner.
- Comply with all legislation and paperwork requirements in relation to the vehicles Tachograph (Digi or Manual).
- Ensure the vehicle is kept in a clean and presentable condition, both internally and externally, and any problems, such as accidental damage etc., are reported immediately.
- Assist in the safe loading and unloading of Company vehicles as and when required.
- Engage in ongoing training provided by the Company.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as allocated by management.
If you would like to work as a Car Transporter Driver with NVD, you must:
- Hold a full HGV Class1 Driving License, with full Digital Tachograph and valid CPC card.
- Have previous professional driving experience, such as HGV Class 1, Class 2, Plant, or Bus, etc.
- Have a good level of English – CV’s must be in English.
- Be courteous, respectful and professional at all times.
- Demonstrate flexibility, resilience, and a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Have good problem-solving skills.
- Understand and comply with all health and safety requirements.
- Be comfortable working at heights and in confined spaces.
- Are knowledgeable about Road Transport Regulations, to include Tachograph compliance.
- Are capable of using technological tools to include mobile applications, scanners and email.
- Have previous experience working in a dynamic, high-performance, results-driven environment
***We are offering extremely competive rates***
Num of vacancies: